Thursday, November 11, 2010

Strep hit the Ancell House!!!

What a week!!!! I had been sick over the weekend and noticed that Mason had a stuffy nose as well. I thought we were getting better on Monday but by Tuesday we were really sick. I called the doctor's office that afternoon and they told me strep was going around but don't bring Mason in unless he has a fever. Okay, well by that time I noticed he had a fever. It was 4 and they no longer see any patients so I took him the to the Urgent Care. Sure enough, they swabbed Mason and he had strep. The doctor prescribed me something as well since I was not getting any better and to be on the safe side. Mason has been miserable and I hate that he got so sick. We have not had to be on any antibiotics for 3 MONTHS!!!!! Most of you know, I do not like having Mason on so many antibiotics and we hope that we are not on that road again.

Early that morning we had Mason's Barium swab test. Mason did horrible as he does not like to take a bottle and that's how they make him drink the chalky substance. It was a nightmare and I am glad it's over!!! The doctor said that everything looks good. No reflux and everything is flowing the way it is suppose to down him esophagus. of course, that day he vomited his lunch and then his supper last night. Next we will see the ENT again because of Mason's tonsils or a speech pathologist. Mason has to go for a follow up when he is finished with his antibiotic and the doctor and I will discuss it further. So until then we will just see. I am thankful that this is nothing very serious and we will eventually find an answer.

Mason was so unhappy that I went out in the garage to find a toy that my sister had let us borrow. Mason loved it and when Matt got home they played with it for a long time!!!!



He was really checking things out

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment