Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Catch Up

I can not believe how long it has been since I last wrote. Summer was crazy, then fall, and now Christmas is approaching. That being said, I looked back on everything that I wanted to accomplish this year with Mason and I have everything crossed off except for putting him in a big boy bed!!! Of course this is last because this is also a bittersweet moment. Clearly, life has to go on, but I can not believe that in just a few short weeks, my baby is going to be 3!!! Mason is an unbelievable child. I know more about dinosaurs at the age of 29 than I ever learned in the 4 years of high school and the 5 years of college. But, with Mason, it's different. I am learning things about his life and what makes him happy. He has taught me so much about what life is really all about and helped me deal with many things this year. We have had a lot of little speed bumps happen to us this year and as much as I try to not "sweat the small stuff", it's a very hard thing to do at times.

Since life has decided to take a different route for me, I have started indulging in many projects. I begged Matt to get me a nice camera for my birthday and Mother's Day and he was so reluctant because I swore I would take it and use it everywhere. ;) So, he gave in and I bet I have only used it a select few times. It was so over my head I got frustrated and just put it away!!! Finally I decided to start taking classes or doing something other than let it sit. I luckily found this amazing photographer to start helping me. She loves taking pictures and has the most amazing story of why she started photographing that she couldn't wait to help me!!! She tells me that I am a natural but when I look at my pictures compared to hers.....I don't see it ;) I don't want to be a photographer, I just want to capture my son at the special times in our lives. We bought this nice camera so now it is time to use it!! Now that she taught me a few things, I can't seem to put it down. I enjoy messing with technology and just having fun. Here are a few shots that I have taken. Nothing special and I am still learning but enjoying it all at the same time!!




 Meet little miss Anna Rhodes. Our friends just had a baby and I snuck a couple of shots of her while we visited. Welcome to the world Anna :)



                                                 View from our front door.
                                               Mason was not feeling a photo shoot today

No comments:

Post a Comment